Florida Family Vacations is my blog about travel in and around Orlando Florida. It's about the theme parks - Disney World, Universal Studios, Sea World and all the smaller places of interest too. It's about traveling with families and saving money! These are the notes I use to put in my travel book "The Mom's Miserly Guide:Disney, Universal, Sea World on $25 a Day!"

Monday, October 09, 2006

Snow at Sea World?


The Most Miserly Mom knows that everyone wants snow at Christmas time, right? Well, even here in Florida at Sea World we have snow. And during the holidays Sea World creates what they call, "Festivities on the Waterfront."

The Most Miserly Mom has always found Sea World to be a delight for the family - just walking the grounds is pleasing and peaceful. My husband & I never tire of the dolphins. How could we? The seals always make my boys laugh, and the penguins amuse us to no end. Christmas at Sea World is even better! The Christmas lights and decorations combined with waterfront atmoshpere offer a Yuletide extravaganza.

Santa & Shamu come together so to speak, snow flurries cover the waterfront, music fills the air, and Sea World's "Christmastide" Holiday Fountain Show positively delights children and adults of all ages. It's water and music and lights - Christmas lit up at Sea World's waterfront. I can't say enough about it.

Oh - and let's not forget the rides at Sea World! Journey to Atlantis and Kraken are two of the best rides ever! The Most Miserly Mom can take on "Journey to Atlantis," but I have to live through my children's adventure when it comes to Kraken. My boys always call this roller coaster the best they have ever ridden on.

Christmas festivities at Sea World are from November 24th through December 30th.
For more information on Sea World events and attractions go to http://4adventure.com/seaworld/fla/default.aspx

And for Miserly Money Saving Tips visit my web site: http://www.cheaporlando.net/Check out my book: A Mom's Miserly Guide: Orlando, Universal, & Disney on $25 a Day!