Florida Family Vacations is my blog about travel in and around Orlando Florida. It's about the theme parks - Disney World, Universal Studios, Sea World and all the smaller places of interest too. It's about traveling with families and saving money! These are the notes I use to put in my travel book "The Mom's Miserly Guide:Disney, Universal, Sea World on $25 a Day!"

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

WDW Pirates of The Caribbean


The Most Miserly Mom visited The Magic Kingdom yesterday! And I specifically did this so that I could visit the "Pirates" ride since the folks at Disney revamped my favorite ride. I must say that I did like it. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride has always been one of my favorites and it still is. The changes they made increased the interest for our new generation of riders I think - and simply upgraded it a bit to go along with Johnny Depp and Disney's movie.

The Most Miserly Mom always wants to let families know that at the beginning of this ride young children get frightened because it starts of in a dark, misty cave. And while the ride itself is most certainly not a frightening ride - children sometimes get quite spooked at the beginning if they are prone to do so. (I am sure you know your own children - So if they are the types to get scared easily, just warn them that the beginning seems spooky but it isn't a spooky ride at all soon after). I have seen the ride ruined for families if they don't do this because their little ones start crying at the beginning! Take this advise from The Most Miserly Mom.

Anyway, the Captain Jack Sparrow pirate is amazing! His resemblance is incredible! The additions of Captain Jack simply add to the ride for me. The Yo Ho's continue and the smiles continue and the ride continues to be one of my favorites. Miserly Mom says: Go on Pirates!